Monday, February 14, 2011

7. A picture of your most treasured item

Albrecht-019

My most treasured item is my wedding band. Not just because it symbolizes my marriage, but because it symbolizes over 50 years of marriage that my grandparents shared together.

The wedding band was my maternal grandmother's wedding band. She was married over 50 years to my grandfather. She passed away on New Year's Day 2007, and I remember how sad I was knowing that the new year took her to another place. She was an all around amazing woman.

I am so glad to have a part of her with me every day. There are many things in my life that remind me of her, but I treasure this item more than any of them, and more than any other item I have. I'm not too big on material things, but I am very sentimental. I hope to be able to pass this ring on one day to my own future grand-daughter. Anyone who knows me knows that I am really interested in my family history and genealogy, and the ring is that much more special to me because I know so much about my ancestors on that side of the family, thanks to my uncle.

This April when we lay Daniel's Nana to rest at Arlington National Cemetery (it's a long process), we plan on going to visit my grandparents and uncle and other relatives at National Memorial Park, where they are all at peace.

1 comment: