Monday, February 21, 2011

14. A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without




My dad.

I can never imagine my life without my dad. I know he won't be around forever, so maybe I am answering this question wrong. But I have come to accept the fact that he won't be here forever. None of us will. I just can't imagine him not ever being a part of my life.

I grew up with my dad in my life. He was always working, but I remember the time he spent giving all 4 of his kids attention. I know plenty of people, especially some close to me, who did not have a father figure, or one that was barely around, or some who lost their fathers early on. I am so grateful that my dad was around when I was growing up. He is still a part of my life today, and I do see him occasionally. He is a great person all around and I am glad to have him in my life.

I would be a completely different person if he wasn't in the picture.

In the words of the Beach Boys.. (who we danced to together at my wedding)...God only knows what I'd be without (him).

No comments:

Post a Comment