Saturday, February 19, 2011

12. A picture of something you love

cake 2-1

I love my paternal grandparents. I love this photo. Grandma and Grandpa, known to me and my sibs. George & Helen to their friends/family. Mom and Dad to my own dad.

This photo is actually one of their wedding photos, put on a cake (an edible cake photo), which my cousin Mathew and his wife Claudia got for the 60th wedding anniversary party we all threw for our grandparents. Carrot cake is their favorite.

June 18th, 1949 was the day they got married. My dad was born the following May 10th, and his 2 brothers and 1 sister followed after. We celebrated their 60th on June 19th, 2009. Amazing.

They have been married almost 62 years this year. This photo of them is so beautiful and makes me so happy just looking at it. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment