Monday, October 4, 2010

Projects

I have been working on a lot of projects lately.

My latest is the kitchen.

Recently I installed my new pot rack (semi-diy) above the kitchen sink. I love it there. I also have a few hooks to hang up to hang some of my vintage mugs on. I bought some new paint for the kitchen too. It's a small enough area that there isn't much wall to actually paint.

I was thinking of getting some sort of contact paper to cover the cabinets to give it something different...still brainstorming that idea. I have also seen some cool ideas online where people use plastic placemats as backsplashes..that would look really cool but I still need to find a pattern I like. Maybe one that will go nicely with the cabinets (if I get something to cover those).

The paint color I got is called "mustard seed" and it goes perfectly with my "garden sprout" pyrex cabinet. I wanted to make sure the two matched, otherwise the cabinet might look out of place.

I also love green & yellow in kitchens, but that was my old kitchen when we first moved into our old apartment together. I want to do something different this time. The "mustard seed" color is more of a gold/fall color, but it also has a neat vintage feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment