Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pandora

My Pandora mix is interesting. You can choose stations and they will play music by artists who are similar to the ones you chose for your stations.






I have the following stations:


Damien Rice
Jack Johnson
Rufus Wainwright
Dave Matthews Band
Counting Crows
Tori Amos
Radiohead
Foo Fighters
U2
Howie Day
Matt Nathanson
Modest Mouse


Sometimes Johnny Cash will pop up. Other times I get a lot of Jason Mraz. And a lot of Smashing Pumpkins. And Fuel. And Tom Petty. Random.

It's weird though, because I hear pretty much all of my stations on every station..and my stations are not even blended together. Pandora really has a cool way of determining stuff you might like.

I always thought I had a wide variety of music..and I know pretty much every song that's ever on the radio at a given time. But my Pandora stations make it seem like I only like a certain type of music..when really I like a lot. Daniel doesn't get how I can have such a huge musical library in my head. It's so big, that I recognize notes in songs and can compare them to other songs, even classical piano songs. He says I have a good ear. I like to think I have a diverse taste in music.

1 comment: