Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fossil Beach Trip October 2010

IMG_8164


This past Sunday, Daniel, Jackie, and myself went to Fossil Beach.

IMG_8216

We found over 30 shark teeth while we were there, and some other little shells and rocks and stuff. We saw eagles, jellyfish, and other creatures. We even found a letterbox!

IMG_8201

It was perfect weather-and it felt just like fall. There was some evidence of that, too.

IMG_8140

IMG_8207

IMG_8151

I thought it was fun spotting the teeth on the ground as they washed ashore, so I took a few photos before picking up my finds.

IMG_8192

IMG_8186

It was a great day. I hope to go back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day....

    How come I can easily see those shark teeth in your pics but I can't seem to find them when I've been walking around looking??? LOL I think I need to go back there one day and try again. I need more shark teeth for my vase in the bathroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we should go again. fall is the best time to go because it's not hot out-and there's not too many people there.
    i always like to scan the sand first and see what i can pick up, before i start sifting. we went at low tide on sunday, so checking the tides is always a must before going.

    ReplyDelete