Thursday, October 7, 2010

What I'm Loving..

What I'm Loving........

IMG_8031

My new pot rack! It's hanging above my kitchen sink and I love it. Last night I also painted the first coat of paint in the kitchen-when I get home today I'm going to try and finish the rest of it (2 or 3 coats of paint should do it). The color we got is called mustard seed and it's almost the same color as that golden hue on that amish pot holder hanging on the window in the photo (the paint is just a little darker though..I love it!).


IMG_7874

My kitty's belly. Dr. Wily is still recovering, and he is being soooo good. I love him so much and this picture just reminds me of how cute he is and how clean he always smells (he is always cleaning himself-cleanest cat I have ever been around). This photo of his furry little belly gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling..and I can hardly wait to see him when I get home today after work.


IMG_8033

While Dr. Wily was at the ERvet, I went thrifting one day to keep my mind off of things (and to get out of the house). I got these cool vintage necklaces and bracelet for practically nothing. They are sturdy and feel really nice-not like a lot of cheap plastic fashion jewelry you see these days. I also got the candlestick, which I have since spraypainted white and it looks brand new. The apple is a Hazel Atlas jam jar..there are other fruits out there (a pineapple and strawberry), and I have been wanting one of these apple jars for some time now..I finally got it and it was really cheap. I love thrifting and treasure hunting!





I'm also loving Progresso soups. They have been on sale recently at the grocery store, so I bought a bunch and have been having soup for lunch at work. It saves so much money bringing lunch to work. I really like the light soups, especially the southwestern-style veggie light soup, and the garden veggie reduced sodium soup. Of course, I like homemade soup more, but the canned ones are just so easy to bring to work and have on hand.




We haven't been cooking a whole lot lately with everything going on but now that things are slowly getting back to normal, I see a lot of homemade soups in our future..especially lots of crock pot soups, stews, and chilis. I went grocery shopping yesterday and planned out our meals for the next week or so-I love fall because it's the best time of year to enjoy delicious soups and crock pot meals..I would love to have the crock pot in the photo, but the one we have at home is fine for just the two of us, at least for as long as it'll last us since we have used it so much and plan on using it a lot more this season. Eventually I plan on upgrading, though.


IMG_7569

I also love vintage linen calendar towels. You know, the ones with random images on them and the big year printed on top and the months for the whole year on the rest of the towel? They are great. We have a couple of them already but whenever I am out on the hunt I am always keeping an eye open for them. They are so homey and comforting for some reason.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Dr. Wily is feeling better! Those linen calenders remind my of my grandparents, they had one hanging up when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! He is definitely feeling a lot better, just mad that he has to wear the cone. :)

    ReplyDelete