Monday, June 27, 2011

Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub

Earlier this year for mother's day, I made my mom and my mother-in-law some Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub. It was so easy to make! I got the idea from this blog: Under the table & dreaming
Thanks Stephanie Lynn!!


You will need:
2.5 cups of sugar
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
4 tbs fresh lemon juice


Sugar.
IMG_0977



Take a big bowl and add your sugar.

IMG_0976

Then add your olive oil. And lemon juice.

IMG_0978


IMG_0979

And then mix it all up until it's just the right consistency (you want it to be a scrub). Pour it into jars, or whatever you are packaging it in. I used little mason jars. There was only a little bit leftover, and I used it on my hands to test it out. It made my hands so soft and smooth!

I included a little scoop with each jar (I have a bunch of these scoops left over from our wedding candy bar/buffet you can see here and here).

IMG_0991

You could double or triple the batch if you want to make a lot-this is perfect in smaller jars given as party favors. Would be really cute as a bridal shower favor, or even a baby shower favor in some tiny little jars like these half pint jars from wineonthekeyboard.com:


You could put a name/label/instructions on a circle that covers the lid.

A friend of mine tried the lemon scrub herself and her fiance tried it on his feet-they loved it. So it's not just a hand scrub..it works great on feet too!


Last time I was at my sister Bonnie's house, we made some Vanilla Brown Sugar Hand Scrub. The recipe for that is also on the same blog here. It was great and felt like sand. I actually liked it better than the lemon scrub.

The ingredients for the vanilla brown sugar scrub are:

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup sunflower oil (we used evoo)
1 tbs pure vanilla extract.

We used the EVOO and it worked out fine for us. Great gift/favor ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment