Thursday, July 29, 2010

What I'm Loving..

It's Thursday, so it's time to share What I'm Loving..


Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I love this movie, always have. I could watch it every day and not be bothered by it. It's a classic romantic comedy, and it pulls at my heartstrings every time I watch the ending. Of course, Daniel isn't all that thrilled about it (he thinks the character Holly Golightly is superficial), but I just love the ending so much, and the character Paul Varjak is so appealing to me for some odd reason. One of my favorite quotes from the film:

Holly Golightly: "I'm like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other."

It's probably one of the few romance movies I truly enjoy. I am not really into "chick flicks," but the ones that I do really enjoy are usually the old classics.

We haven't set up cable yet at the new place, so we have been watching a lot of movies lately. This one is definitely one of the better ones to watch snuggled up on the couch.

That brings me to..

Pearls.

I love pearls. I have several different pearl necklaces, and a few different pearl rings, and some bracelets. During my wedding I wore my mom's pearl necklace that her brother (my uncle) Edwin gave her many years ago. I also have a ring with 2 pearls in it that I shucked out of a single oyster (at a pearl jewelry party), they are twins. I chose to make it a ring because I am a twin (me and my brother are twins), so I wanted a piece of jewelry that symbolized that (and I don't wear earrings, so that was not an option for me). I have been wearing my pearl rings a lot lately, they remind me of summer for some reason. There's nothing like a nice long pearl necklace to go with really any outfit. Pearls are classic and timeless accessories.



Pink nail polish.
Really any shade, but lately it's pretty much been a shade of coral. It's a popular color this season and it's also another one of those classic shades. Nothing like a mani and pedi by the pool!



Up&Up (Target brand) hand sanitizer.
I take a bottle of this with me pretty much every where I go. It's nice to have especially after making purchases somewhere or if you can't immediately wash your hands after touching something questionable..it's also just nice to have for safety. Of course I wash my hands all of the time (probably more often than most), but I always feel more comfortable having a bottle of hand sanitizer in my bag.

2 comments:

  1. Breakfast at Tiffany's if one of my favorite movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. breakfast at tiffany's is my favorite rainy saturday movie :)

    ReplyDelete