Friday, July 23, 2010

Today's Lunch

My new Friday threads are going to be about lunch.

Today's lunch came from the Black Sheep here in Richmond, VA. It's a little local restaurant with a very fancy menu. The sandwiches are delicious..

http://www.theblacksheeprva.com/

Christal and I called ahead and then walked over to pick up our lunch. It's a good thing we ordered it to go, because the place was packed (it's small enough to begin with). I loved looking at all of the decor in the restaurant, it was very low key & simple, but also something about it gave me a really good feeling.

I ordered the Prodigal Son sandwich.. it's mesquite smoked pulled turkey with tangy bbq sauce & apple slaw, on a buttered & toasted onion roll. It was delicious! It was from the Lunchbox section on the menu, so I ordered broccolini for my side, it was sauteed with garlic, olive oil, and crushed red pepper..it was amazing. I think I'll be making a lot of broccolini at home!

Christal ordered the USS Brooklyn sandwich. It's jerk bbq'd chicken on a toasted french baguette, with shredded cabbage, roasted banana ketchup, and peach chutney. It looks so good (it is good), and it has just the right amount of kick to it. Her side was deviled eggs.

Anna also got the lunchbox Prodigal Son, but she ordered deviled eggs for her side.

Adam Richman from the Travel Channel's Man Vs. Food was there, the episode aired recently. If you've never been to the Black Sheep, now is the time to go. I am sure since the episode has been aired, they are going to get tons of more customers.

1 comment: