Tuesday, July 13, 2010

We've moved!

We are completely moved now. We rented a U-haul truck on Saturday and moved all of our stuff and furniture over to the new place. My dad, nephew Joseph, Fayth, & Tom were all there to help us move.

Later on Saturday we moved Dr. Wily over to get him acquainted with his new surroundings..he was a little scared of the stairs at first but I think he is used to them now. Last night he was upset over something (I think it was a combination of the move and then the catnip present he was playing with Sunday & Monday all day), so he wasn't acting right and had an upset stomach. He is okay and happy now though, and Daniel has been off work today so he got to spend more time with him and keep a close eye on him to make sure he is okay. Sunday I spent most of the afternoon cleaning the old apartment, and that night we moved Bob over. He has a nice set up too in our little nook area at the new place, so he will get more attention now.

We turned the keys in at the old place on Monday, and we did a walk-through inspection, everything passed and was approved-Yeah! So we'll be getting our deposit back plus interest on all of that.

Yesterday after work I unpacked a lot of stuff, the kitchen is just about finished. We actually made dinner in it last night, so it works. I have also done a couple of loads of laundry already-the washer and dryer are huge! We still have a good amount of boxes stacked along the side wall in the living room, but all of the furniture is in its place. Most everything in the boxes we packed belongs on a shelf or in a drawer or closet, so once everything is where it belongs the place will be great looking.

I want to hurry up and finish unpacking so that I can start decorating! I have so many plans for each room, so it'll be fun to be able to hang everything up and make it our home.

Photos to come!

Tonight is my first cooking class at university of Richmond! It's for the culinary arts program certificate I am planning on earning through UofR. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment