Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pyrex Cabinet

Since I'm still brainstorming some ideas for nanowrimo (and it's still 2 months away), I am also going to go ahead and blog here.

I scored a cabinet/kitchen hutch/pantry from a lady off of craigslist yesterday. For $20.
Sure..it needs a little work.. My plan is to repair it and repaint it..give it an entire new look. It will house my vintage pyrex!

So last night after we picked it up and brought it inside, I went to Home Depot. Picked up some primer, paint, new knobs for the doors & drawer..

When I got home I gave it a really good scrub down. Later today I am going to get a piece of wood to replace one of the damaged sides. It's totally salvageable..and is going to look like an awesome cabinet for my vintage pyrex! Just wait until you see the paint color I chose.

While walking through the apartment last night I could already imagine the cabinet in its place, with all of my pyrex on display.

Progress pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment