Tuesday, September 1, 2009

PYrannosaurusREX

So, as you can see from my previous post, there are a lot of things that I really like. Pyrex is one of my obsessions. There is nothing like going to an antique store/flea market and finding that ever elusive piece you are missing from your collection. Especially if it's really cheap.

I don't buy every pyrex piece that I find. I only buy the ones I really love, as long as they are a good deal. If they are priced too high (which they usually are), forget about it. Thrift stores & yard sales are probably the best places to find 'em, though. The folks working at antique stores know the deal with vintage pyrex pretty well. And if not, well, then you've found yourself an awesome deal!

The patterns I collect:

Spring Blossom/Crazy Daisy/whatever you wanna call it; also Verde Green & Square Flowers

Autumn Harvest

Primary Color mixing bowl set


Patterns I adore but don't really collect:

New Dots
Butterprint
Butterfly Gold

There are also some Fire King/Glasbake/Hazel Atlas/Anchor Hocking pieces I really like..

It's actually kind of nice that they don't make this stuff anymore. It makes it all the more special when you find a "rare" piece out on a sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment