Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cookies for Kids' Cancer

IMG_2957


Last month I participated in a Richmond city-wide bake sale. I baked several dozen cookies and packaged them in packs of 3 for a recommended donation of $5. 100% of the proceeds went to a non-profit organization called Cookies for Kids' Cancer, which funds pediatric cancer research.

IMG_2955

IMG_2961


CFKC was founded by a mom who lost her son to cancer at the young age of 6. You can read all about it and the great things CFKC does on their website here: http://www.cookiesforkidscancer.org/

Cookies for Kids' Cancer mission statement:

Cookies for Kids' Cancer is committed to raising funds to support research for new and improved therapies for pediatric cancer, the leading cause of death by disease for children under the age of 18. Through the concept of local bake sales, Cookies for Kids' Cancer provides the inspiration and support for individuals, communities, and businesses to help fight pediatric cancer.


IMG_2921

I thought it was for a great cause, and I love to bake and share my baked goods with others, so I thought it would be a great excuse to get in the kitchen, bake & package some delicious cookies, and collect donations for the organization. I got to meet so many wonderful people and hear so many touching stories. It was a really sweet day and I hope that everybody enjoyed their cookies as much as I enjoyed helping raise money for the cause.

IMG_2956

I volunteered to work the Ellwood Thompson's table and my friend Anna joined me. We had a great time. My cookies were gone within the first hour after I arrived, so next year I need to double or triple the batch. I made oatmeal raisin cookies and chocolate chip cookies. People loved them and the packaging was really cute.


IMG_2938


IMG_2945


IMG_2950


Any individual can host their own bake sale for the cause. Just check out the CFKC website to find out how you can do it and where to send the donation money to. It's a great idea!


IMG_2959

No comments:

Post a Comment