Tuesday, September 6, 2011

6 months

This month marks 6 months since I have been soda free!



I have been drinking water for six months now. Every once in a while I may have had a little bit of tea, but I try to get unsweetened. I have tea at home but it's decaf. and I recently bought some Truvia sugar to substitute for regular sugar if I want it in my tea. But pretty much I've just been drinking water. Plain water, too.



I have a container of Mio water enhancer, but have only used it a couple times. I seem to really just like my water plain. I like the Hint blackberry water, but only had that a few times at the beginning of Spring to get used to just drinking water (plus they are kind of pricey).

We have a Brita water filter attachment on our kitchen sink, which has been very handy this whole time. We also have been recycling the sturdier water bottles we've bought in water packs. So, we just clean them out after each use and refill them with filtered water, and then put them back in the fridge to get cold again.




I have a big water container (32 ounces) that I use at work every day. In the morning I fill it up with ice and filtered water, and it lasts me through the workday. When I get home I drink another 32 ounces of water before I go to sleep. Usually I have more than that, though. So I get well over 64 ounces of water every day (64 ounces is over 1.5 liters). I haven't had any headaches in a long time, either. I am sure I have had one or two since I started the water thing, but I honestly don't remember them. I used to get terrible headaches!

We have a lot less trash since there's no sodas, and it's a lot easier bringing groceries in because we're not hauling around 24 packs of soda (we're not really hauling packs of bottled water either, since we recycle the bottles, or use a cup to drink from at home).

No comments:

Post a Comment