Thursday, September 8, 2011

Irene

Now that hurricane Irene has come and gone, and me and everyone I know in Richmond has their power back (I think some other people in the area may still be without?), I thought I would share some photos of the aftermath.

I was on vacation during the hurricane. My vacation started the day the hurricane hit Richmond (Saturday August 27 th). I woke up, did some things around home, and as soon as I sat down to eat breakfast, the power went off. It was off for around 127 hours. Most of my vacation (staycation) week. Thankfully we didn't have any damage where we live, but it sure was awful living almost a week without electricity. I think I am over it now, but I know if I think too much about it I will probably get angry. But again, thankfully, we are okay. Next time I just won't take a vacation during hurricane season.


IMG_2635


IMG_2612


IMG_2613


IMG_2630

IMG_2628


IMG_2616


IMG_2615


IMG_2878

No comments:

Post a Comment