Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Homemade Gazpacho

I love gazpacho.

Gazpacho is a cold soup, with a tomato base and raw veggies.

I made some this past week with my trusty food chopper and my trusty blender. I used fresh veggies in mine, except I did use a can of whole tomatoes. I omitted the breadcrumbs/croutons.

I blended whole tomatoes, cumin, EVOO, white onion, green pepper, cucumber, salt & pepper, and white vinegar..

IMG_1490

IMG_1486

Until I had this:


IMG_1491

Then I added some fresh cilantro for taste.

IMG_1493

Blended that in and poured it into a big container.


IMG_1495


I also poured some in small freezer bags and froze those flat. It was delicious! I think next time I will double the batch so I can freeze more. When I do that, I will freeze individual size bags flat and just keep in the fridge the day before I plan on serving. Gazpacho is perfect for the summer time!

No comments:

Post a Comment