Friday, July 8, 2011

Chicken-Pepper Lasagna Cups

Yesterday for dinner, I made something I like to call Chicken-Pepper Lasagna Cups.

You will need a pacakge of won ton wrappers, like these:

IMG_1860

Take a cupcake pan and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Place one won ton wrapper in each cupcake section, like this:

IMG_1861

Cook up some meat. I used ground chicken. I also sauteed some green bell pepper and a small white onion, and when the chicken was cooked I drained it and added the pepper and onion to it.

IMG_1862

I also added some salt, pepper, and oregano. After that was well blended, I added some fresh garlic and mixed that in. Then, I added some crushed tomatoes (and a little tomato sauce to give it more ooomph).

IMG_1864

Then, I took a bowl and mixed ricotta cheese with some dried basil and more oregano.

IMG_1866

I spooned a little bit of the ricotta mixture onto each won ton cupcake section.

IMG_1863

Then I added a little of the chicken pepper mixture.

IMG_1865

Topped it off with a little blend of Italian cheeses.

IMG_1867

Put another won ton wrapper on each section, with some more ricotta cheese mixture.

IMG_1869

And more chicken pepper filling and Italian cheeses on top.

IMG_1871

Baked this in a 375degree oven for about 10 minutes or so.

IMG_1872

And when they were finished baking, I scooped them right out and served them. The rest were put on a serving platter.

IMG_1873

They are the perfect size and they weren't messy at all. They were delicious! These could easily be prepared and then individually frozen, before baking. Once they freeze you could put them in freezer bags and then just take out what you need and bake for 10-20 minutes or so.

I also had leftover filling and cheese mixture, so I just froze the extra filling (flat in a freezer bag for better storing in the freezer), and put the extra cheese in the fridge. I could make a small regular lasagna with it, or I could make more cups. We'll see!

I was inspired by Andie Mitchell's blog Can You Stay For Dinner? and her recipe for Petite Lasagnas. Thanks Andie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment