Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Richmond Cupcake Taste Test

I have decided to do a taste test of all of the local Cupcake Shops here in Richmond, VA. I will do a bigger write up on all of these later, and post photos. Here is a little snippet about some of the places I have visited (or plan on visiting).

My first stop was Two Sweet..but I think I need to go back. The first time I went, the visit didn't go so well. Hopefully the next time I go things will be better.

Next was Carytown Cupcakes. I think they deserve a second chance, too. It seemed awfully empty in there for an early Saturday, when I went last. And my cupcake got smashed in the take-out box it was wrapped in. Maybe next time will be better.

Pearl's Cupcake Shoppe is absolutely adorable. This is the third shop I have visited. I really liked it. They are still pretty new, but the people there are really nice and everything looks so cute on the inside. I may go back there again soon, since there will be a grand opening event this weekend.

My next place to visit will be Frostings, in Short Pump. My visit there has been long overdue. I keep hearing so many great things about them, and I am sure they are wonderful..I just need to see for myself.

There are lots of other places in Richmond that sell cupcakes, but those are the only specialty cupcake shops that I am aware of. If you know of any others, please let me know, so that I can include them in my Richmond Cupcake Taste Test.

2 comments:

  1. How about 'River City Sweets'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that sounds fun - a Cupacke Taste Test!!!
    We don't have a lot of cupcaake places around here? I wish we did!

    ReplyDelete