Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

For Thanksgiving this year, Daniel and I hosted at our apartment. My parents and my oldest sister & her two boys were there, as well as Daniel's mother & her husband.

On Wednesday we did a lot of preparation so we'd have more time to enjoy Thanksgiving day. It all worked out so nicely.

We made all our pies on Wednesday. I made apple and Daniel made pumpkin. We had some extra pumpkin filling, so we made little tiny pumpkin pies too. The apple pie was delicious!! I will have to make one every year for Thanksgiving, it was my favorite thing making (and eating) this year. Yum!! I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, but Daniel enjoyed it and so did everyone else.



In between making things and getting stuff ready, I was watching the parade. As it turns out, I had it on the wrong channel all morning. I kept waiting for Matt Lauer & Al Roker to come on, but they never did. I had it on CBS instead of NBC. Horrible!!


Here is a photo of Dr. Wily soaking up some sun:



Our table set up (Kristen let us borrow her 6 foot table & 4 chairs, thanks again K!) :



Closeup of a place setting:



Our turkey!:




It was a lot of fun making everything and serving it all, but I don't know if we'll host again in our apartment. The next time we host will be in our actual house, once we're in it. Looking forward to that one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment