Friday, November 4, 2011

Chocolate Cameos

A while ago I made some molds from some of my cameos.

IMG_1479

These molds are food safe, so once they are cured and washed, they are ready to be used. I made these so I could make some cameo chocolates. I got the idea from this Country Living article I found from pinterest.


I'm not sure where you can purchase cameo shaped mold sheets from, which is why I made my own. The ones I made were just a test. I used this product, Amazing Mold Putty. I get it from the craft store with a 40% off coupon. It's not much in the containers but you actually do get a lot out of it.

What you do is you mix the 2 compounds together (just enough for whatever it is you want to make a mold of), and once they are combined, you press the object in the compound. Once it sets, you can remove the item, and then you have a mold. Once it cures you can wash it and then use it to make things like chocolates and such. Which is exactly what we do with it.


These are my two cameo chocolates made from my molds:

IMG_3214

They are not perfect but with a little more practice I can figure it out. I plan on making multiple cameo molds from the molding putty so I can make more than 2 of these at a time.

What I did was painted the cameo image first with white chocolate, and then I added the milk chocolate to the molds. Once they were set, I removed the chocolates from the molds. Cute!

IMG_3213

IMG_3212

Next time I will make sure the mold isn't filled so much, so the chocolates have flat backs. I can also trim the chocolates around the edges in case there is too much on them..imagine how pretty these would be in multiple colors, like the Country Living article shows. Would be great to make a box of them as a gift for someone, or for favors at a bridal shower.

I wanted to blog this so I could share it in the YHL pinterest challenge this month. Lots of great ideas over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment